Saturday, February 13, 2010

Winter of your discontent

As I've heard everyone (including me) complain constantly about this winter; the worst winter in 30 years, is it ever going to stop snowing, etc. I realized while I was riding last night (outside) it isn't really that bad. I've only put in 6 hours on an indoor trainer and not because of laziness. I have rode almost a thousand miles since the first snow in December outside, gotten in 2 gravel metrics, almost a century, and rode outside almost everyday this year! I have missed 3 days commuting do to wussing out on the ice storms. Overall this winter has been great for riding even in the cold and the snow and the wind. So all I can say is stop complaining on facebook/blogger grab a friend or 2 or 10, a bike, some beers, maybe studded tires, and hit the road/trail system and see if you still can complain about the best winter in years. Soon enough it will be spring and you'll be able to join in the complaining about the rain and the heat.

3 comments:

Steph said...

The pic you posted on Facebook of your ride last night...
made me definitely want to get out there now.

It wasn't SO bad riding in 20 degree temps, as I learned at BRR.

But I know, I'll never be out riding in blizzards & -1 days :)

MrDaveyGie said...

right on,,,

Dylan Paul said...

I've been saying that all winter, "it's not that bad, and yet it was the worst winter in years." I did alot of biking up in Petoskey, Michigan, around Lake Michigan, did you ever do any biking up there? I love biking and beer, and I am brand new to blogging (can u believe it?) anyway, stop by at Gypsy tales.blogspot.com