Sunday, November 22, 2009

Grand Randonneur


Well a long time building but here is my first build from scratch.


09 Masi Special Randonneur frameset.
09 Rival brifters
10 Force front & rear derailleurs
1070 Sram 11-28 cassette
Trektro caliper brakes
Surly "Nice Rack" front and rear
Truvative Carbon compact double crankset
truvative gpx bottom bracket cups
Schmidt Nabendynamo 28 front hub
Velocity 40 hole rear hub
Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ CYO headlight
Mavic 719 40 hole rims
Some crappy 38c tires from my basement (upgrade later)
Crankbrothers Candy pedals
and of course Brooks B17

After the wheel build and riding on hand built wheels I'm not buying anymore prebuilt wheelsets. Also a full custom bike feels perfect when you get on it to ride there is non of that all I need is to upgrade this or that. So I will relearn haw to use gears, ya right.



Brake Clearance was very trick with the surly racks I guess most people use cantilever brakes on touring rigs
Like there is any other kind of rear Derailleur


Carbon Race crankset might be overkill. Like bringing a Chainsaw to a knife fight.

No comments: