Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Ride to Mt Vernon



End of the Gay Lea Wilson trail in Altoona

Had about 15 Miles of Pavement between trails

It Said Trail Closed .....

...here's why.
We dont need bridges except for 100lbs loaded touring bikes

chichaqua valley trail

It was nice of them to put the shelter right were I was going to flat


Some good eats.  Got here 15 minutes before it closed at 3pm

Still managed a gravel metric in my 110 miles friday


Some sweet b-roads out east

Last hour in the dark


Friday my camera stopped working and my phone became drunk with too much beer so that is all the pictures.  I stopped in Belle Plaine Iowa for a pizza and some beer at The Office.  The guys there were nice enough to clue me in on a local camp site in the park.  They also were nice enough to buy me many shots and beers,  my phone is still hung over.  

Saturday was uneventful, however did you know that pay phones are all gone now?  Good luck making a call without your cell phone.  I got in my first metric in the morning about 30 miles of gravel and 30 miles of road.  A lot of b roads that were in nicer shape than the gravel.  I got to Craig's house for a little nap and food before the Moonshine metric at 7.  But that's another post.

No comments: