Monday, June 14, 2010

Night Shift.




The Pre-Hyvee tri ride took a different course this year after hanging out at Star-Bar till about midnight the 4 of us that didn't drive headed out to West des moines to meet everyone else for an All-night ride. Last year it was a gravel grinder but with impending Thunder-storms we decided that a black label/tunnel ride was in order. The ride had 4 tunnel stops and a breakfast stop a Mcdonalds. Mcdonalds refused to serve us because we were on bikes but we ask drive up customers to buy our food for us. I guess mcdonalds is too good for bikes thats okay though their food is bad for you. We hit the hill on grand around 5:30 am and waited for the start. At that point I couldn't even stomach a beer and was feeling a little tired but I hung out until about 7:30 then with the rain just starting and me falling a sleep sitting on the shoulder I decided to ride home. I have to say that was the coolest party ride I've been on (except Ragbrai) and I did manage to not drink too much.

No comments: