Saturday, June 5, 2010

Gravel Metric #8




I retraced the metric I did on Catholic drinking holiday. Booneville to Earlham almost to Winterset then back in through Orilla makes about 75 miles 60 of gravel from my house. I like the good climbs for the majority of the ride and only really one stop at the Caseys in Earlham there isn't really anything else out that way. I did 73 miles in 5.25 hours on my single speed cross bike and the SS added a lot of work but increased the pace overall.
After the ride I got to go to Tallies (not sure I spelled that right) in Beaverdale for dinner with the family had a great mushroom sandwich and onion rings fried in butter. I think my decrease in mileage this year has allowed me to be home a lot more and I haven't gained any weight or got any slower than last year. In fact I feel a little stronger we will see after Trans-Wisconsin how that plays out.

No comments: