Thursday, January 22, 2009

Almost a Dam Good ride




This is the story of how I almost made the Dam.  The saylorville trail was plowed to the first bridge.  I saw 2 other rider that got on at the trestle bridge they where riding recumbents (not a good snow bike)  They gave up at the bridge where the plow gave up.  On the other hand I'm a gluten for punishment and continued on.

A four wheeler had rode the trail before me and made a good set of ruts for me to ride in (5-7mph) for the next 6 miles. I walked the last mile. I got off the trail at the construction site and rode the gravel(MUD) road for a mile then back on the trail.   I never thought I would be glad to see a busy 2 lane highway but today it was a welcome site I came back into town on NW beaver I didn't make it all the way to the Dam.  Next time I need to borrow a Pugsly so I can make it.
32 miles 3:30 (Slowest 32 miles ever)
Any Day in january that you can ride for 4 hours is a good day.

No comments: