Friday, July 29, 2011

Fat Bike first impressions

I've got about 150 miles on my pugsley so far.  I've taken gravel, road, single track, sand, construction areas and some general urban assault.  I like the feeling of riding on a tank.  The bike feels very sluggish on blacktop, and semi sluggish on gravel I would say about 25% extra effort to keep it rolling and a lot when you hit a small hill on the bike trails.  I did notice that on single track and rolling over the construction area near my house it doesn't slow down as much as a mountain bike or a cross bike would.  It does start to drag on you after 15 miles of straight blacktop you feel the need to jump over something or into something.  The cool factor is great though "wow those tires are huge!" and "thats cool" or "can you ride that in the snow".  The Shimano Deore group that came on it even works great!  I think they got there act together on mountain components, if they could figure out road stuff they would be set.


So the only thing left to test is snow so.... sorry.... So Sorry....

WEATHER ORDER FORM



  • Warm
  • Hot
  • Nice
  • Rain
  • Sleet
  • SNOW
  • Ice

SORRY....
Ready!

Sorry Again...


Mmmmm Fat...






No comments: