Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gravel Metric #11 (not the century I tried for)

I took off early this morning on my day off (I got Inventory day off!) with the goal of my 8th gravel Century for the year.  I could feel early on that wasn't going to happen.  I wanted to go to Pella today but I ended up at Lake Aquabi instead.  Good day on the bike even though it was a 9 hour metric (lots of stops).  Did I mention I saw the Google Street view car!  It followed me for a mile or so (hoping to be in some pictures) and then took off.

Breakfast of 
Champions

B- Road out of Martensdale.


Sweet!

One Lap of Aquabi was enough after the 40 mile ride there

Not sure what this is but I rode around it


Mmmm Green stuff


Google CAR...with top mounted camera

ERT

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

seems it was a good day to take off work and spend the day on grit, gravel, and dirt too.

Iowagriz said...

How was Ahquabi?

Anonymous said...

It was a little rutted but still ridable. Just mowed