Friday, March 26, 2010

Exploring

Exploring is one of my favorite parts of cycling, the question 'were does that road go' is almost to much for me. I always go and find out sometimes I think Google maps is a spoiler other times it is a life saver. I do try to not be to tech addicted though sometimes you get far enough from civilization that you can get an internet connection. I found a good route last night to Adel on gravel it's not as far as I thought it would be but and 10 miles of pavement but it gets me to Adel then I can carry on into Redfield on a gravel road that crosses the trail a couple times I think loop around north for a full metric and call it good. So my plan for Sunday afternoon is Gravel Metric 5 since I won't be getting another day off for 2 weeks I really need to make it. Plus it give me a chance to explore my out and back route to somewhere around Carrol for next months back2back Centuries with a night of camping in between. A little practice for trans-wisconsin.

3 comments:

Iowagriz said...

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/ia/urbandale/524425750955

the section from DeSoto to Redfield is nice (Bear Creek Road)

and
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/ia/urbandale/333312853539
didn't make it around the lake, but still fun. More maps from my centuries on this site, would give you some ideas.

Steph said...

Courtney--

if you see any older touring bikes for sale.. lemme know.

I was gonna drop some real $$$$ on a new Jamis Aurora or Raleigh Sojourn...
but thinking that if I could come across a used older touring bike somewhere, I'd like to take a look.
So.. if you see any or know of any- let me know.

Im needing prolly a 56 cm frame.

or sell me that Masi.

:)

Steve Fuller said...

I'd be up for the Sunday ride. Need miles.