Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shocking

Started riding single track with gears, front shock and tubeless tires this year. It has been a learning exsperiance, I unfortunately ride slower when I have gears. I have started to figure out how to use the gears effctively on the dirt though, some places I can shift up on smaller climbs and catch up to the group then downshift into switchback to climb over smoothly without pulling any muscles. Tubeless is great I did burb a little air on my first ride but a little co2 and I was good to go, the tires seem to grab the roots a lot better on hillside. Not sure about the front shock it seems to wiegh down the front end of the bike a lot and I have it locked out most of the time. I though the shock would be a bigger deal but I guess only time will tell.

No comments: