Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ready for Distance

With Spring FINALLY ready to break I find myself more and more ready to be outside. Last night I started the fire pit up so Anna and I could sit outside and enjoy a couple beers. Couple ya. Got the thing really smoking the kids were building a 'fort' out of some left over lumber that was next to the house and we watched the fire dance, until the rain chased us in.
This afternoon I'm ready for the 4th gravel metric of the year it looks like a couple people will at least be starting with me. Taking the touring bike out for its first gravel ride, since I have built it like a cross between a Fargo and road bike. Still waiting on my Marathon extreme tires but I have some cheap 32c cross tires that came with my bianchi on it for the moment.
I have since BRR felt the need to go farther and the weather is looking good at this point. I should be able to hit the first full century in the next couple weeks. I was inspired this morning by a quote on some ones FB page:
"Don’t run if you can walk, don’t walk if you can stand, don’t stand if you can sit, and if you can sit you might as well take a nap"

So with that said I decided to make my own saying I'm not to bad at it most of the one I have a work catch on like "I have no idea why Courtney would have done that". It's bad but I actually started that one and it has stuck. So here goes:

"Why sit when you can stand, why stand when you can walk, why walk when you can run, why run when you can bike, and now that you're riding why stop?" - Courtney Hilton

No comments: